The Official Regulations for ESBA Championship Poreč’16
ESBA Regulations for Porec 2016 (full text in PDF)
II. AGE CATEGORIES
7. Age categories are as follows:
a. Women: 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 and 60 years and over
b. Men: 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 65, 70 and 75 years and over
8. Age determined at December 31 of the Championship year.
9. No player is allowed to play in more than one team and more than one category at the Championship.
IV. PLAYERS AND THEIR ELIGIBILITY
13. Every player has to be in possession of an ESBA-issued Player ID Card, valid for all ESBA Championships. It confirms his/her eligibility to play in the respective age category.
14. The Player ID card indicates the player’s name, surname and date of birth alongside a personal photo, the identity number of ESBA and the date of issue.
15. The personal information from a player’s ESBA Player ID will be reflected in the player’s profile on the ESBA official website.
17. Only players from the ESBA official List of players approved and signed by Commissioner during the Technical meeting will be admitted to the game.
18. Only players, signed a Waiver of Liability, will be admitted to the game.
V. NEW PLAYERS’ ID CARDS ISSUING
19. In order to issue a Player ID Card for players not already in possession of one, the following information about each player must be sent by email to ESBA at latest 21 day before the Championship:
a. Player’s name, surname, date of birth;
b. Player’s photo (taken by camera or mobile phone);
c. scanned colorful copy of a valid passport or certificate of identification;
20. Player ID cards are provided free of charge for the first time. Any further production of them (in case they are lost or damaged) will be a paid service of 10 EUR per card.
VII. TEAM MANAGER
24. Team manager (he/she can also be one of the team’s players) is responsible for the signing of Waiver of Liability by every Team’s member
25. Team manager is responsible for the accurate registration (by email) of his/her team before the Championship – presenting the “Team Application form” (e.g. Annex 2)
26. As Championship will be provided with LIVE statistics of every game, the players’ registration shall be completed 10 days before the start of the Championship.
VIII. COMPOSITION OF TEAMS
30. The Team can consist of up to 15 Team members. All other persons of the delegation (family members, companions and friends) aren’t a Team’s members, but Participants (section III).
31. The Team members are players, coach and one compulsory position – Team manager (Sections VII&IX).
Note! Coach and/or Team manager can also be one of the team’s players.
32. The Team must have a minimum of 7 players.
33. The Team can consist of 15 players only, including playing coach and playing Team manager, but only 12 players can attend a game.
34. No restrictions of players’ nationality in a team.
X. COMPETITION FORMAT AND SCHEDULE
40. The competition may be held in one or more groups depending on the number of registered teams in every category. The system of competition will be announced a week after team registration deadline.
41. The Championship will be played within 7 days (6 game days plus 1 rest day).
42. All teams will play a minimum of four (4) and a maximum of six (6) games during the Championship.
43. Every team shall play no more than one game a day and no more than three days in a row.
44. The game schedule will be published within 14 days of the team registration deadline.