I. GENERAL CONDITIONS
1. The rules of the current Regulations apply for the tournament Baltic Cup 2015.
2. The Baltic Cup is a competition of the best seniors’ basketball teams from Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania in different age and gender categories.
3. Representatives of countries:
a. Estonia – Esto Maxibaskets
b. Latvia – Association “Basketball Club “Vecmeistari”
c. Lithuania – Lithuanian Veterans Basketball League (LKVL)
4. Organizer of Baltic Cup – one of the Representatives in rotation by years and by countries. Organizer of Baltic Cup 2015 is Esto Maxibaskets.
II. AGE CATEGORIES
5. Age categories are as follows:
a. Women: 40, 45 and 50 years and over;
b. Men: 40, 45, 50, 55, 60 and 65 years and over
6. Age determined at December 31, 2015.
7. No player is allowed to play in more than one team and more than one category at the Baltic Cup.
8. Representatives of countries are responsible of a fair play what concerns to an eligibility of the players to play in the respective age category and in the respective team.
9. Men teams:
a. The rights to participate in Baltic Cup 2015 belong to the Champions of the Championships of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania of the corresponding age category in season 2014/2015.
b. If champion waives the rights to participate, the vice-champion takes over the rights.
c. A team has consisted of the players who played in that team in season 2014/2015. Only two players could be added from the other team/teams.
10. Women teams:
a. The first hand rights to participate in Baltic Cup 2015 belong to the Champions of the Championships of the corresponding country in season 2014/2015
b. If champion waives the rights to participate or any of participant country hadn’t organized the Championship between women teams in season 2014/2015, the Representative has the rights to delegate to the Baltic Cup the national team of the corresponding age category.
IV. COMPOSITION OF TEAM
11. Each team may compose of 7 up to 15 players (no more than 12 players for the game).
V. COMPETITION FORMAT
12. The tournament games are played on a round robin format. If a country is unable to field a team in any of the age categories, the two remaining teams in that group will play one full 40 minute game.
VI. CLASSIFICATION OF TEAMS
13. The classification of teams in the tournament takes place according to the rules:
a. win-loss records – two (2) points for each game won, one (1) point for each game lost (including lost by default) and zero (0) points for a game lost by forfeit
b. If there are two (2) or more teams in the classification with equal points, the result(s) of the game(s) between the teams involved will be used to determine the placing.
c. If the points and the goal average in the games between the two (2) or more teams are still the same, the classification will be determined by the goal average of all the games played in the group by each team.
14. A team which, without valid reason, fails to show up for a scheduled game or withdraws from the playing court before the end of the game, shall lose the game by forfeit and receive zero (0) points in the classification.
VII. PLAYING RULES
15. Basic playing rules:
a. Warm-up – 15 minutes
b. Playing time – 4 x 8 minute quarters, unless there are only two teams in an age group – in that case 4 x 10 minute quarters will be played
c. 24 second clock will be used
d. Half-time interval – 10 minutes
e. Intervals between 1st & 2nd and 3rd & 4th quarters – 2 minutes
f. Each team may request three time outs during the first and second half with a maximum of two per quarter.
g. In the event of a tie, a five minute overtime period will be played. Overtime periods will continue until a winner is determined. Overtime shall have one time-out per team. Interval between overtimes – 2 minutes.
16. Any playing rule not expressly modified herein, shall be governed by the valid Official Basketball Rules as approved by FIBA.
VIII. PLAY SHIRTS COLORS
17. All teams should have two sets of competition uniforms (dark and light). The first team listed on the schedule will be designated as the home team and will wear the light colored uniforms. The second team listed on the schedule will be designated the visiting team and will wear the dark uniforms. However, if the two teams involved agree, they may interchange the colors of the shirt.
IX. THE AWARDS
18. The best teams in each age and gender category shall receive a winner’s Cup.
19. Organizer has freedom to establish any number of additional awards or prizes that are not included in the Regulations.
X. FINANCIAL CONDITIONS
20. The Tournament is open to teams which at the time of the teams’ registration paid the entry fee of EUR 200.
21. The Participation fee includes the following minimum:
a. Organizing of the games (gyms, officiating table, referees, LIVE statistics, water during the games)
b. Trophy “Baltic Cup 2015″ for every best team in each category
c. Sponsorship gifts for each team
d. Closing&Awarding Ceremony
e. Party and catering
22. All other charges and expenses during the tournament have to be covered by own participants.
23. Participants are responsible for their own personal accident insurance. The Participation fee does not cover it.
24. All players have to sign the roll-call statement of participation in tournament about playing at their own risk.
25. The Organizer will make every effort and provide the necessary assistance in case of injury to each participant of the tournament.
26. The Organizer is not responsible for lost items during the tournament.
XI. COMMUNICATIONS AND MEDIA
27. Organizer have the rights to use, record, publish, broadcast and otherwise exploit in any form of media all participant performances during the Baltic Cup 2015.
• the Esto Maxibaskets
• Lithuanian Veterans basketball league (LKVL)
• Association “Basketball Club “Vecmeistari”
on August 15, 2015