After receiving a confirmation regarding the number of participating teams and putting the final strokes in the competition format, the European Seniors Basketball Association approved the Official Regulations for the ESBA Promo Championship in Liepaja.
Along the guidelines of the regulations, the ESBA Board appointed the Technical Committee for the championship. It will consist of the ESBA Promo Championship head referee Normunds Kozlovskis, ESBA board member Arvydas Venclovas and ESBA member and CSKA Veterans player Evgeny Abramov.
X. COMPETITION FORMAT
- Teams registered in any category are drawn to groups, following the guidelines of the official game schedule.
- If there are less than four teams in any official category, the teams of the given category shall play against the teams of the lower category. The teams will receive only the corresponding championship medals on the basis of their placing in their own category.
- Competition format in different age categories:
- Women 35/40. The age category will play in 2 phases: 1) two teams of W35 and two teams of W40 will play round robin format. 2) The final standing will be determined by two final games between teams of the same age categories;
- Men 40/45. The three teams of age category M40 and three teams of age category M45 will play in round robin format. The standing will be determined by age groups (the results of games between different age groups will count towards the standings);
- Men 50/55. Age category will play in 2 phases: 1) three teams of age category M50 and one team of age category M55 will play in round robin format. 2) Semifinals I – the 1st place of M50 of the first phase will play against M55, Semifinals II – the 2nd place of M50 of the first phase will play against the 3rd place of M50 of the first phase; Final games – the winner of Semifinals II will play against 1st place of M50 of the first phase and the looser of Semifinals II will play against M55;
- Men 60/65. Age category will play in 2 phases: 1) three teams of age category M60 and one team of age category M65 will play in round robin format together; 2) Final games – the first place of M60 will play against the second place of M60 of the first phase, the third place will play against M65.
- Every team shall play no more than only one game a day.
- All teams will play a minimum of four (4) and a maximum of five (5) games during the Championship.