A lovely weekend of basketball in the beautiful island of Saaremaa settled the strongest veteran teams in the Baltics, with dominant Lithuanian sides snatching most of the silverware at the Baltic Cup 2018 tournament.
Having won five of the nine different age categories, Lithuania finished first in the combined rankings. Estonian teams earned the top spot in three different categories, while Latvia finished with one triumphant team.
The best teams and players in all age groups were presented with their trophies on Saturday evening at the award ceremony. In total, 28 teams from four countries participated in 10 age groups in the 2018 edition of the Baltic Cup.
Baltic Cup 2018 Winners:
- M40 | Winner: Scanweld (Estonia). MVP: Argo Klemmer.
- M45 | Winner: Pakruojo Parketas (Lithuania). MVP: Rolandas Matulis.
- M50 | Winner: Kauno LT United (Lithuania). MVP: Giedrius Peciulionis.
- M55 | Winner: Vilniaus Senjorai (Lithuania). MVP: Arvydas Venclovas.
- M60 | Winner: Zalgiris – Juta (Lithuania). MVP: Vytautas Ribinskas.
- M65 | Winner: Kedainiai (Lithuania). M65 MVP: Jonas Zizliauskas.
- M70 | Winner: Tukums (Latvia). MVP: Kazimirs Nekrass.
- W40 | Winner: Tukums (Latvia). MVP: Triinu Toomla.
- W50 | Winner: MBL Estonia (Estonia). MVP: Kersti Petjarv.
- W55 | Winner: Tark ei torma (Estonia). MVP: Ulle Jarv.