The Official Regulations for ESBA Championships
ESBA Regulations for Championships (PDF)
II. AGE CATEGORIES
7. Age categories are as follows:
a. Women: 35, 40, 45, 50 and 55 years and over
b. Men: 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 65 and 70 years and over
8. Age determined at December 31 of the Championship year.
9. No player is allowed to play in more than one team and more than one category at the Championship.
III. PLAYERS AND THEIR ELIGIBILITY
12. Every player has to be in possession of an ESBA-issued Player ID Card, valid for all ESBA Championships. It confirms his/her eligibility to play in the respective age category (Annex 1)
13. The Player ID card indicates the player’s name, surname and date of birth alongside a personal photo, the identity number of ESBA and the date of issue.
14. The personal information from a player’s ESBA Player ID will be reflected in the player’s profile on the ESBA official website.
V. NEW PLAYERS’ ID CARDS ISSUING
17. In order to issue a Player ID Card for players not already in possession of one, the following information about each player must be sent by email to ESBA at latest 10 days before the Championship:
a. Player’s name, surname, date of birth;
b. portrait photo (not smaller than 500 pixels, preferable in proportion 3:4);
c. scanned copy of a valid passport or certificate of identification;
18. Player ID cards are provided free of charge for the first time. Any further production of them (in case they are lost or damaged) will be a paid service of 10 EUR per card.
X. COMPETITION FORMAT
34. The competition may be held in one or more groups depending on the number of registered teams in every category. The system of competition will be announced a week after team registration deadline.
35. The Championship will be played within 7 days (6 game days plus 1 rest day).
36. All teams will play a minimum of four (4) and a maximum of six (6) games during the Championship.
37. Every team shall play no more than one game a day and no more than three days in a row.