The Official Regulations for ESBA Championship Altea 2019
ESBA Regulations for Altea 2019 (full text in PDF)
I. GENERAL REGULATIONS
5. The deadline of the teams’ registration is April 15, 2019 – http://esba-basket.com/altea-2019/registration/
6. LIVE statistics will be available during all games of the Championship.
7. The official game ball of the Championship will be announced at least 2 months before the Championship. Balls will be provided by ESBA.
II. AGE CATEGORIES
8. Age categories are as follows:
a. Women: 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 and 60 years and over
b. Men: 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70 and 75 years and over
9. Age determined at December 31 of the Championship year, except:
a. One younger player (younger by no more than one year; age determined at December 31, 2018) could be added to the following age categories:
• Women 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60
• Men 60, 65
b. Two younger players (younger by no more than one year; age determined at December 31, 2018) could be added to the following age categories:
• Men 70 and 75
10. No player is allowed to play in more than one team and more than one category at the Championship.
IV. PLAYERS AND THEIR ELIGIBILITY
13. Every player has to be in possession of an ESBA-issued Player ID Card, valid for all ESBA Championships. It confirms his/her eligibility to play in the respective age category
14. The Player ID card indicates the player’s name, surname and date of birth alongside a personal photo, the identity number of ESBA and the date of issue. The personal information from a player’s ESBA Player ID will be reflected in the player’s profile on the ESBA official website.
15. A player has to bring his/her Player ID Card to the Championship.
16. Only players in possession of an ESBA-issued Player ID Card will be admitted to the game.
17. Only players, signed a Waiver of Liability, will be admitted to the game.
V. NEW PLAYERS’ ID CARDS ISSUING
18. In order to issue a Player ID Card for players not already in possession of one, the following information about each player must be sent by email to ESBA at latest 21 days before the Championship:
a. Player’s name, surname, date of birth;
b. Player’s photo (taken by camera or mobile phone);
c. scanned colorful copy of a valid passport or certificate of identification;
19. Player ID cards are provided free of charge for the first time. Any further production of them (in case they are lost or damaged) will be a paid service of 10 EUR per card.
20. Commissioner issues the new Players ID Cards to a Team manager during the registration (section IX).
Note: Player ID Cards won’t be produced in ESBA Championship venues.
VII. TEAM MANAGER
23. Team manager (he/she can also be one of the team’s players) is responsible for the signing of Waiver of Liability by every Team’s member.
24. Team manager is responsible for the accurate registration (by email) of the players 21 days before the start of the Championship (Annex 2 – an example of “Team Application form”, original in the website under INFO>Download)
25. Twenty (20) minutes before each game, Team manager has:
a. to present to the Officiating table all his/her team’s Players’ ID Cards
b. to check their uniforms numbers for that game in order to avoid of any misunderstanding for LIVE statistics during the game and all Championship
26. Team managers of both teams involved in the game are allowed to clarify at the Officiating table the eligibility of any player of the opposing team during the breaks or at the end of the game (but before the signing of the score sheet). Other option – to check player’s profile in ESBA website (p.14) and/or to address the Commissioner.
VIII. COMPOSITION OF DELEGATION and TEAM
31. The Team can consist of 15 players only, including playing coach and playing Team manager, but only 12 players can attend a game.
32. No restrictions of players’ nationality in a team/club, however, each team/club has to represent an officially recognized country.
X. COMPETITION FORMAT AND SHEDULE
37. The competition may be held in one or more groups depending on the number of registered teams in every category. The system of competition will be announced a week after team registration deadline.
38. The Championship will be played within 7 days (6 game days plus 1 rest day).
39. All teams will play a minimum of four (4) and a maximum of six (6) games during the Championship.
40. Every team shall play no more than one game a day and no more than three days in a row.
41. The game schedule will be published within 14 days of the team registration deadline.
42. The following should be considered while preparing the game schedule:
a. One (1) rest day is recommended during the championship,
b. The teams playing the last game must not play the first game of the following day.
XIV. EXCEPTIONS OF RULES FOR UPPER CATEGORIES
52. The men categories of 65+ and older and women category of 55+ will be played by standard rules except:
a. Playing time will be set – 4 x 8 minute quarters.
b. The team must bring the ball frontcourt without any limit of time.
XVI. THE AWARDS OF CHAMPIONSHIP
54. Each member of the team placed 1st to 3rd in each age category will be presented by medals of respective ranking (no more than 15 medals for the team free of charge).
55. The best teams in each category shall receive a Champions’ Cup.
56. The most valuable players (MVP) of each category will be awarded.
57. The individual nominations (best scorer, most rebounds and best assists) in every category will be announced after the Championship in the ESBA website based on statistics.
60. During the Championship Commissioner(s) has/have rights to make a randomly control of the players’ eligibility to play in the respective age category by collation with data in the original identification documents of the players (passports, certificate of identification).
XXII. TRAINING SCHEDULE
72. Each team will be able to hold one practice (~ 45 minutes) for free of charge in the day before the Championship will start. Training schedule has to be prepared according to the requests of the teams received 7 days before the Championship
XXIII. FINANCIAL CONDITIONS
76. Participation fee is set at:
a. For women teams:
– 700 EUR until December 15, 2018
– 800 EUR until February 1, 2019
– 1000 EUR until April 20, 2019
b. For men teams:
– 900 EUR until December 15, 2018
– 1000 EUR until February 1, 2019
– 1200 EUR until April 20, 2019